CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR 2020-2021 COURSE CATALOG:
PRE-ENROLLMENT & REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Letters with registration pins will be sent out to students who have pre-enrolled at Highland High School. If you do not receive a registration letter in the mail by August 5th, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org, we will need to know the student's name and grade.
FOR PRE-ENROLLED OR RETURNING STUDENT REGISTRATION:
- COMPLETE FORMS & PRINT: Use the Salt Lake City School District’s online program (link is on our website: highland.slcschools.org) to provide necessary registration information. You will be prompted to print or save select documents; please make sure to do so and sign where indicated. Bring all printed papers, or have them to show on an electronic device, to your appointment. Upon arriving, you will show these at the check-in table.
- SET AN APPOINTMENT: Towards the end of the online program, there will be a button that will direct you to the online appointment setter. Please make an appointment to attend registration. The Password to set a registration appointment is: gorams
- PAY FEES: The online program will direct you to pay fees via credit card at: https://myschoolfees.com - If using this site, please make sure to print all receipt(s) and bring them with you to the registration appointment – you will show these at check-in. You may pay with cash or check at registration (we recommend paying online; there will be a line to see a cashier). If you are unable to view your fees on myschoolfees.com, you may have fines that need to be cleared first, add fines to your cart on MySchoolFees and you will then be able to also view and pay for Registration/Class Fees online. Please Note: Registration fees vary student to student, depending on class schedule and participation in activities.
- If applying for a Utah State Fee Waiver, please print the Fee Waiver form from online registration, fill it out, and bring it and all necessary income documentation (indicated on the form as last 3 pay stubs or last income tax return) with you to your registration appointment. You can also find a pdf copy of the Fee Waiver on our website. https://www.schools.utah.gov/schoolfees?mid=4340&tid=3
- ATTEND REGISTRATION: Student & a legal guardian need to be in attendance. (If all paperwork and fees are completed online, your student may attend on their own, making sure to bring signed paperwork and MySchoolFees receipts in with them).
During your in-person registration appointment you will:
- Turn in completed online documents
- Confirm payment was made (myschoolfees receipt) or make a payment. At registration, you may pay with cash or check.
- Have students attend the registration appointment so they may have their photo taken to receive their school ID. If you would like to order photos, make sure to complete the order form or purchase them online (link will be in the online portion of registration).
Photo make-up day will be in September, date to be announced.
- Pick up a copy of the student’s schedule
Please note: There will be a link in the online registration for those interested in applying for Free & Reduced Lunch (This is completely separate from the Utah State School Fee Waiver form). The link will take you to the Salt Lake City School District’s Child Nutrition’s website where you can apply online. There is no need to bring any Free & Reduced Lunch documentation in at registration.
FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT PRE- ENROLLED OR FINISHED PRE-ENROLLMENT:
If you have not started the pre-enrollment process or it has not been completed, you would NOT have received a letter in the mail. You will need to call Highland High (starting July 31st between 9am and 2pm) to schedule a "NEW STUDENT APPOINTMENT". 801.484.4343.
We will schedule an appointment with you (which will be during our registration week of August 6-8) and provide you with details of what you will need to bring to your appointment and where to check-in.
ONLINE REGISTRATION LINK: https://registration.slcschools.org
Student ID = Student Number
Student Pin = Registration Pin
LATE ENROLLMENT REQUEST FORM:
Early Enrollment is December - February and is processed through our district office.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR A "SPECIAL PERMIT"/LATE ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
- FILL OUT THE "STUDENT INFORMATION PAGE"
- APPLICATIONS WILL BE SENT TO THE SCHOOL OF CHOICE FOR REVIEW
- ONCE DECIDED APPROVED / DENIED, AN EMAIL WILL BE SENT TO THE APPLICANT
- IF APPROVED, APPLICANT MUST RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL AND ACCEPT, WITHIN 1 WEEK TO CONTINUE ON WITH THE ENROLLMENT PROCESS (Please check your junk/spam if you do not see a response in your inbox)
- YOU MAY CHECK ON THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION BY USING THE LINK ABOVE, AND ENTERING IN THE ENROLLMENT CODE PROVIDED THERE
- YOU MAY ALSO USE THE CODE TO WITHDRAW YOUR APPLICATION OR NOTIFY US IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON ATTENDING A SCHOOL ELSEWHERE
QUESTIONS? Please contact our student records office at 801.484.4343 ext.4107 or 4105
Students shadowing Highland High 9th-11th grade is available, but MUST be scheduled. We take multiple factors into account to allow this, i.e. events/field trips happening during the school day, availability of students and staff, permission needed from administration and the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) of the student shadowing and the student being shadowed, etc. -- because of these reasons, we do not allow drop-in shadows. We do not start shadowing days until November and end in March. This is in order to accomodate our state testing schedule. Thank you for your interest in the Ram Fam.
Please complete this form to request a shadowing experience at Highland.
Upon approval, someone from our office will contact you to schedule the shadow.