Helpful Resources: http://www.stepuputah.com
School notifications go out to parents/students/faculty and staff - via phone and email, even in the case of emergency.
Please check your email to see if you receive our weekly calendar called Ramped Up.
If not, please contact us, we want to make sure we keep you in the loop!
- ACT & SAT Test Dates 2016 - 2017
- AP Testing Schedule
- IB Testing Schedule
- Highland Testing Calendar
- PSAT 2016
- PSAT 2017
- ACT Practice Test Websites
- University of Utah ACT Prep Course
- Haloti Ngata Foundation ACT Class at Highland - (January class is full)
- Next Class starts March 13
- Mondays for 6 sessions - March 13, 20, 27, April 3, 17, 24 (no class the week of Spring Break)
- 2:45 - 4:45
- CLASSES FILL UP FAST
- Taught by Highland's Best Teachers!
- $5.00 - pay the treasurer to sign up OR go to www.myschoolfees.com Paying the $5 gets you into the class.
- Contact Karrie Jarratt at ext. 186 for more information.
IMPROVE YOUR STUDY SKILLS (all videos are free)
- Study Skills Videos from SLCC
- Classroom Notetaking Video from SLCC
- Distributed Practice Video from SLCC
- Learning Styles Video from SLCC
- Time Management Videos from SLCC
LOCAL BUSINESSES THAT CAN PROVIDE STUDY SKILLS CLASSES AND / OR TUTORING INCLUDING ACT / SAT PREP TUTORING
- Sylvan Learning - $$$
- Mathnasium - $$$
- Higher Ground Learning - $$$
- University Tutor - $$$
- University of Utah School of Medicine Learning Resource Center (FREE)
- TutorBowl.com - (Local tutors, most are currently public school teachers) $$$
- Tutoring Help- $$$
- School Express - $$$
- Career Assessments
- CTE Pathways and Classes Chart for 8th Graders
- HHS Complete Pathways Chart
- Resume Example
COLLEGE ADMISSIONS INFORMATION
- At a Glance: Utah College Facts
- Certificate and Associate Degree Training Programs
- Class Rank and College Admissions
- College Admissions Essay
- College Application Ethics
- College Prep Websites
- College Search and Application Worksheets
- Early Decision and Early Action Schools
- Foreign Language Requirements for More Select Universities
- How Many Applications are Enough?
- Personal Statements
- Senior Timeline for College and University Applications
- Utah College and University Interesting Facts
- What Counts in College Admissions
- What is a College Portfolio?
- Utah College Websites
FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- What is FAFSA?
- Scholarship Websites 2016 - 2017
- Tips for Writing Winning Scholarship Essays
- Regent's Scholarship Guide due February 1st
- Scholarships for Undocumented Students
- PACE Program (Full Scholarship to SLCC)
- Contact Sendys Estevez at 801-957-5030 or email@example.com for more information.
- Daniels Scholarship Program
4- YEAR PLANNING GUIDES
- College and Career Readiness"Next Step" Planning Guide for Grade Level Students
- College and Career Readiness"Next Step" Planning Guide for Honor Students
- College and Career Readiness"Next Step" Planning Guide for IB or PRE-IB Students
PLAYING COLLEGE SPORTS
GRADE IMPROVEMENT AND CREDIT RECOVERY
- Graduation Requirements Information - 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- New Honor's Diploma Requirements Start with Class of 2020
- Available Honor's Diploma Classes at Highland
IMPORTANT SENIOR INFORMATION
- Highland High Senior Information 2015 - 2016
- Letter of Recommendation Request Form
- Senior Timeline for College and University Applications
- Utah Futures
MENTAL HEALTH CONCERNS & HELPFUL INFORMATION
- Healing activities for grieving children and teens
- Mental Illness Brochure
- NAMI Treatment and Services
- Valley Mental Health Information
- What parents can do to deal with a crisis
- SAFE UT HOTLINE (CRISISLINE)... 1-800-273-8255
- University of Utah Health Care via the University Neuropsychiatric Institute
- Available 24/7 even on holidays
- PROVIDES CRISIS INTERVENTION AND EMOTIONAL SUPPORT
- Relationship Difficulties
- Depression / Anxiety
- Loss / Grief
- School Problems
- Drug / Alcohol Problems
- Any Life Challenge
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
MESSAGE FROM THE SCHOLARSHIP OFFICE:
Many scholarships, both academic and vocational, are available to students who qualify. While donors of these grants are interested in students who have achieved scholastic excellence, they also look closely at those who exhibit good citizenship, qualities of leadership, and development of individual talents. Students interested in scholarships should contact any of the Counselors or the Scholarship Coordinator in the Counseling Center. They will be helpful in providing additional information as well as assisting students in preparing and applying for such grants. Students may also write to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office of any particular college. Senior students should be aware of early application deadlines. There are many scholarships for non-seniors. Please check with your Counselor.
Official ACT site, Test Prep: http://www.actstudent.org/testprep/
SHMOOP ACT Prep
Shmoop Student Sign up Instructions:
1. Visit www.shmoop.com/utah/
2. Find your high school from the alphabetized school picker
3. Click “Let’s Go”
4. Answer YES if you have ever created a Shmoop account for yourself, answer NO if you haven’t.
5. Enter Student Magic Word: ARCHES and create your username and password.
6. Welcome to the World O' LA Shmoop! Click on "My Profile" to navigate to "Test Prep Passes" and begin practicing for the ACT/PLAN test Prep.
! Check with the counseling center for more information regarding free local ACT prep classes.
Seniors and their parents! We will be having an exciting week starting November 11th. This will be “College Admissions” week. We would like every senior at Highland High to fill out an application to a four year, two year, or trade college. During their Language Arts class, each Senior will go to the library to work on their college applications with the counseling staff. Please note, your student will need: their social security number, address, telephone numbers, and a credit card number for application payment. If your student is on a fee waiver, then the application fee will be waived. We look forward to having all of our seniors ready to enter the next phase of their lives and for each of them to FINISH their degrees and/or training programs. Go Rams! 100 Percent!
Military Academy Night for seniors! Right now we are planning on holding the event at West Jordan High School on September 25that 7:00pm.
Thank you all so much for your help and support. High school seniors have a lot of decisions to make and we hope that we can be of service to them and you about the Military Academies.
Deadline for the University of Utah's Honors College program is November 1, 2013. In state admission applications is December 1, 2013.
The purpose of this program is to encourage students to be actively involved in their school and community. Students who go above and beyond classroom expectations and contribute to our community will receive recognition. See 'Resources' on the right had side of this page for an information sheet and completion form.