The Highland IB Handbook contains important information about what classes Highland offers in its 'one track' to diploma program. Click here HHS IB Handbook to download.
Highland will be hosting an IB ENROLLMENT NIGHT this year FOR INCOMING 9TH GRADERS on March 20, 2018 at 5:30 pm in the HHS Library. Only students who have applied and been accepted into the IB Program will be allowed to participate in this evening. We will begin the Registration process for those who live outside of Highland boundaries and schedule your student for their 9th grade classes.
If you would like information about the IB Program and how to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The application for IB on the IB webpage is old, so please use this one - IB Application. Please return the application to Highland High School's Counseling Office ASAP. You will be notified of your acceptance at our earliest convenience.
HIGHLAND HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELING CALENDAR 2017-2018:
HIGHLAND HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation Requirements (fill-in sheet)
- HONORS DIPLOMA REQUIREMENTS for class of 2018 and 2019:
- 5 Honors, Concurrent or AP courses taken and passed in 4 years at HHS, 2 of which need to be AP.
- Must have taken and passed 2 consecutive years of a World Language.
- Must have taken and passed 2.0 credits of Fin Art.
- Must have a cummulative GPA of 3.6 or higher.
- HONORS DIPLOMA REQUIREMENTS for class of 2020 and beyond:
- 16 Honors courses taken and passed in 4 years at Highland HS, 3 of which need to be AP or IB.
- Must have a cummulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Must have taken and passed 2 consecutive years of a World Language. (Level III or higher World Language classes count as Honors.)
IMPORTANT SENIOR INFORMATION
- https://spark.adobe.com/page/obeWoaaR8Pg6V/ Senior College and Career Readiness Planning Meeting Slide Show
- Letter of Recommendation Request Form
- Valedictorian Requirements
ONLINE OPTIONS FOR STUDENTS
- Online options at https://www.schools.utah.gov/edonline. Choosing to do online courses can reduce the number of classes and credits you can take at Highland HS.
Haloti Ngata Foundation ACT Class at Highland
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
COLLEGE ADMISSIONS INFORMATION
- Certificate and Associate Degree Training Programs
- College Prep Websites
- Personal Statements
- What is a College Portfolio?
FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- What is FAFSA?
- Setup my FSA ID for FAFSA
- Tips for Writing Winning Scholarship Essays
- Regent's Scholarship Student Portal
- Scholarships for Undocumented Students (DACA and non-DACA
- PACE Program (Full Scholarship to SLCC)
- Contact Sendys Estevez at 801-957-5030 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
PLAYING COLLEGE SPORTS
MENTAL HEALTH CONCERNS & HELPFUL INFORMATION
SAFE UT HOTLINE (CRISISLINE)... 1-800-273-8255
- University of Utah Health Care via the University Neuropsychiatric Institute
- Available 24/7 even on holidays
- PROVIDES CRISIS INTERVENTION AND EMOTIONAL SUPPORT
MESSAGE FROM THE SCHOLARSHIP OFFICE:
Many scholarships, both academic and vocational, are available to students who qualify. While donors of these grants are interested in students who have achieved scholastic excellence, they also look closely at those who exhibit good citizenship, qualities of leadership, and development of individual talents. Students interested in scholarships should contact their counselor or the Scholarship Coordinator in E106. Students may also write to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office of any particular college. Senior students should be aware of early application deadlines. There are many scholarships for non-seniors. Please check the list below for scholarships expiring soon.
SCHOLARSHIP BULLETINS 2017 - 2018
Utah Scholars Recognition Application for Seniors
Seniors: to earn the Utah Scholars Recognition certificate and medallion, you will need to apply through the Step Up To Higher Education website. https://stepuputah.com/utah-scholars-recognition-application/
Complete the grade-by- grade checklists and have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA. The application opens November 1 and closes March 1.
The Utah Scholars Recognition Application deadline is March 1, 2018.
Throughout the school year we have been messaging seniors about the changes via email, newsletter, social media and text messaging and encouraging them to apply. If you are able we would love your help in promoting this application. Below are some suggested ways on how to promote the Utah Scholars Recognition.
Please keep in mind that while Utah Scholars Recognition is important, it is not a scholarship and does not carry a monetary award.