The Highland IB Handbook contains important information about what classes Highland offers in its 'one track' to diploma program. Click here HHS IB Handbook to download.
Highland will be hosting only one IB Information Night this year on January 16, 2018 at 6:00 pm in the HHS Library. Please bring your 8th graders to learn more about this exciting progam!!
HIGHLAND HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELING CALENDAR 2017-2018:
HIGHLAND HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation Requirements (fill-in sheet)
- HONORS DIPLOMA REQUIREMENTS for class of 2020 and beyond:
- 16 Honors courses taken and passed in 4 years at Highland HS, 3 of which need to be AP or IB.
- Must have a cummulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Must have taken and passed 2 consecutive years of a World Language. (Level III or higher World Language classes count as Honors.)
IMPORTANT SENIOR INFORMATION
- https://spark.adobe.com/page/obeWoaaR8Pg6V/ Senior College and Career Readiness Planning Meeting Slide Show
- Letter of Recommendation Request Form
- Valedictorian Requirements
Haloti Ngata Foundation ACT Class at Highland
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
COLLEGE ADMISSIONS INFORMATION
- Certificate and Associate Degree Training Programs
- College Prep Websites
- Personal Statements
- What is a College Portfolio?
FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- What is FAFSA?
- Setup my FSA ID for FAFSA
- Tips for Writing Winning Scholarship Essays
- Regent's Scholarship Student Portal
- Scholarships for Undocumented Students (DACA and non-DACA
- PACE Program (Full Scholarship to SLCC)
- Contact Sendys Estevez at 801-957-5030 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
PLAYING COLLEGE SPORTS
MENTAL HEALTH CONCERNS & HELPFUL INFORMATION
SAFE UT HOTLINE (CRISISLINE)... 1-800-273-8255
- University of Utah Health Care via the University Neuropsychiatric Institute
- Available 24/7 even on holidays
- PROVIDES CRISIS INTERVENTION AND EMOTIONAL SUPPORT
MESSAGE FROM THE SCHOLARSHIP OFFICE:
Many scholarships, both academic and vocational, are available to students who qualify. While donors of these grants are interested in students who have achieved scholastic excellence, they also look closely at those who exhibit good citizenship, qualities of leadership, and development of individual talents. Students interested in scholarships should contact their counselor or the Scholarship Coordinator in E106. Students may also write to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office of any particular college. Senior students should be aware of early application deadlines. There are many scholarships for non-seniors. Please check the list below for scholarships expiring soon.
Utah Scholars Recognition Application for Seniors
The application for the Utah Scholars Recognition certificate and medallion is open from November 1, 2017, to February 1, 2018. This is open to any student that meets the requirements..
The Utah Scholars Recognition Application deadline is February 1, 2018.
Throughout the school year we have been messaging seniors about the changes via email, newsletter, social media and text messaging and encouraging them to apply. If you are able we would love your help in promoting this application. Below are some suggested ways on how to promote the Utah Scholars Recognition.
Please keep in mind that while Utah Scholars Recognition is important, it is not a scholarship and does not carry a monetary award.