Clubs & Activities
What is a club?
A student organization that meets during non-instructional time.
Who can start a student club at Highland High?
Any Highland High Student!
What kind of club can I start?
Just about any interest from art to mountain biking to chess to meditation will work, talk to Karrie Allred for details!
I-16 Policy information on school and student clubs can be found on the SLCSD website here: Policies | Salt Lake City School District (slcschools.org)
- All applications MUST be turned into Karrie Allred in the Main Office by Thursday, September 23, 2021. Applications WILL NOT be accepted after this date.
- Make sure all forms are filled out completely. Forms that are not completed cannot be sent in for approval.
- You will need a teacher as a sponsor. This can be any teacher will to sponsor your club. They must sign your application (where it designates sponsor) before you turn in your application.
- Clubs can only start meeting after they are approved by the Salt Lake City School Board of Education.
- Pick up an application in the Main Office or print one off from the I-16 Policy listed here: Policies | Salt Lake City School District (slcschools.org)
- Read the administrative procedures to understand the I-16 policy and procedures
- Fill out the application COMPLETELY (if you have questions, talk to Karrie Allred in the Main Office)
- Find a teacher willing to sponsor your club (who will provide you the space to meet) and have them sign your application
- Turn in your application to Karrie by Thursday, September 23, 2021
We will post approved clubs here once we have received notice from SLCSD Board of Education on all approved applications.
HIGHLAND STUDENT CLUBS
|CLUB||ADVISOR||MTG DAY||MTG TIME||MTG ROOM|
|5e Dungeons and Dragons Club||K. Hunter/
|Cloud Watching Club||Jacobson||Thursday||3:30pm||D220|
|Croquet Club||Smith/ French||Thurs.||3:30pm||See advisor|
|D & D Club||Bracken||Tues.||3:20pm||D214|
|Drawing Club||Straight/ French||Weds.||3:30pm||D102|
|Hello Let's Go||Straight/ French||Last Wed. of Month||8:25am||D102|
|Highland BIPOC Student Union||Straight/ French||Monday||3:30pm||D102|
|Highland Enviromental Club||Dittmer||Wed.||3:20pm||D200|
|Highland Mountain Bike Club||Gillin||Varies||5:00pm||See advisor|
|IB Club||Bracken||1st Mon. of Month||3:15pm||D214|
|Jewelry Craft Club||Vandertoolen||Every other Friday||3:15pm||G107|
|Magic Shop||Straight/ French||Mon, Wed, FRI||8:00am||D102|
|Math Exploration Club||Oliver||Wed.||2:15pm||E202|
|Musically Minded||Black||Varies||7:00pm||Off Site|
|Spike Club||Johnson||Wed.||3:30pm||See advisor|
|Star Gazing Society||Dittmer||Mon||3:15pm||D200|
|The Ram Jam Recreational Basketball Club||Baker/ French||Thursday||3:30pm||See advisor|
|True Crime Club||Watrin||Thursday||3:30pm||D320|
WHAT IS THE NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY?
About | NHS
WHO IS THE NHS ADVISOR AT HIGHLAND HIGH?
Language Arts Teacher Kathryn Watkins
WHEN DOES NHS MEET?
NHS Meeting Info & Agenda - Google Slides
WHAT IS FCCLA (Family, Career and Community Leaders of America)?
About Utah FCCLA - Utah FCCLA
WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT JOINING HIGHLAND'S FCCLA ? CTE Coordinator Emily Grass