Clubs & Activities
What is a club?
A student organization that meets during non-instructional time.
Who can start a student club at Highland High?
Any Highland High Student!
What kind of club can I start?
Just about any interest from art to mountain biking to chess to meditation will work, talk to Karrie Allred for details!
I-16 Policy information on school and student clubs can be found on the SLCSD website here: Policies | Salt Lake City School District (slcschools.org)
- All applications MUST be turned into Karrie Allred in the Main Office by Thursday, September 23, 2021. Applications WILL NOT be accepted after this date.
- Make sure all forms are filled out completely. Forms that are not completed cannot be sent in for approval.
- You will need a teacher as a sponsor. This can be any teacher will to sponsor your club. They must sign your application (where it designates sponsor) before you turn in your application.
- Clubs can only start meeting after they are approved by the Salt Lake City School Board of Education.
- Pick up an application in the Main Office or print one off from the I-16 Policy listed here: Policies | Salt Lake City School District (slcschools.org)
- Read the administrative procedures to understand the I-16 policy and procedures
- Fill out the application COMPLETELY (if you have questions, talk to Karrie Allred in the Main Office)
- Find a teacher willing to sponsor your club (who will provide you the space to meet) and have them sign your application
- Turn in your application to Karrie by Thursday, September 23, 2021
We will post approved clubs here once we have received notice from SLCSD Board of Education on all approved applications.
WHAT IS THE NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY?
About | NHS
WHO IS THE NHS ADVISOR AT HIGHLAND HIGH?
Language Arts Teacher Kathryn Watkins
WHEN DOES NHS MEET?
NHS Meeting Info & Agenda - Google Slides
WHAT IS FCCLA (Family, Career and Community Leaders of America)?
About Utah FCCLA - Utah FCCLA
WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT JOINING HIGHLAND'S FCCLA ?
FACS Teacher Monique Nielsen
2022 - 2023 CLUBS
JOIN A CLUB OR TWO OR THREE!!!
stop by and talk with the advisor or just POP in when the club meets.
|ASL Club (School Club)||Valerie Gundlah||D312|
|BIPOC||Deirdre Straight, Monica French||A103(A)|
|Book Club||Brandon Winn||E212|
|BSU Black Student Union||Deirdre Straight, Monica French||A103(A)|
|D and D Club||Kyle Bracken||D214|
|Dark Theory Talk||Brandon Kohler||C209|
|Drama Club||Sara Ragey||B100|
|Drawing Club||Deirdre Straight, Monica French||A103(A)|
|Environmental Appreciation Club||Nancy Wright||E200|
|Film Club||John Caldwell|
|Film Club||Aimee Devine|
|Fright Club||Brandon Kohler|
|Geography Club||Julie Davidson|
|Hello Let's Go||Kerrie Baughman|
|Highland Book Club||Brandon Winn|
|Highland Chess Club||Kyle Dittmer|
|Highland Environmental Club||Nancy Wright|
|Highland Film Club||Aimee Devine|
|Highland Pride||Jen Jacobson|
|Highland Rugby Club||Swede Robinson|
|Key Club||Jen Jacobsen|
|K-pop Club||D. Straight, M. French|
|Lin-Manuel Miranda Club||John Gillin|
|MESA Club (School Club)||Aria Cullen|
|Multi-cultural Club||Monica French, Devon Burleigh|
|Native American Club||Sylvia Platero|
|New Prospective: Podcast||Onda Sensei, Maja Onda|
|People of Polynesia Club||Monica French, Angie Fonua|
|Science Olympiad||Kyle Dittmer|
|Snowboard Club||Blair Porter|
|Spanish Club||Jorge Vargas-Mutizabal|
|The Creative Writer's Guild||Kevin Smith|
|The Tea Club||Kyle Bracken|