Thursday, February 4, 2021: https://www.loom.com/share/b64e247d90de4afebc9f81b6b85ef1de
Friday, January 22, 2021
Dear Highland Community,
I hope this letter finds you well. Per our school board’s vote on Tuesday, January 19th Highland will be open for in-person school starting February 8th. I know there are a lot of questions about our back to school plan.
Here is what we know at this time:
- School will be from 8:00 AM - 2:15 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- Wednesday will continue to be asynchronous, remote learning.
- Our teachers have been instructed that they will need to teach from their classroom to both in-person and remote students at the same time.
- Teachers are encouraged to continue using Zoom as their primary mode of instruction.
- All teachers will continueto use Canvas.
- We are encouraging students to bring in their laptops and headphones so they can interact with their peers that are remote, and the teacher can interact with all students at the same time.
- Students with last name A-L are welcome to come for in-person learning on Mondays and Thursdays. Students with last name M-Z are welcome to come for in-person learning Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Days students are not at school, they will be expected to participate remotely via zoom.
- Regular bus routes will be starting on February 8th. Students will be dropped off 15 minutes before school starts and will pick up from school at 2:15.
- Breakfast and lunch will be served (grab and go style). Currently there will be no charge for either.
- We will also continue our grab and go lunches for all children in the community.
I’m sure we will have more information to come in the next two weeks. As those decisions are made, I will be sure to get it out in a timely manner.