Career and Technical Education (CTE)
The Purpose of Salt Lake City School District’s Career and Technical Education (CTE) program is to meet the career needs of all students, whether they are college bound or in need of a family wage upon graduating from high school. We are dedicated to combining both the academic and technical aspects of learning in each CTE curriculum area. Through the SEOP process, CTE career pathways assist students with acquiring better understanding and greater awareness of career opportunities in their community, state and nation. After identifying career goals through classroom experiences, work-based learning and career planning, students will be better prepared for success in their adult lives.
- Support improvement of students’ academic proficiencies.
- Provide guidance and transition services and support for all students.
- Provide assistance and support that help students successfully complete CTE classes.
- Provide support for CTE courses through updating and enhancing labs in Information Technology, Business, FACS, Health Sciences, and Trade & Technical.
- Provide professional development for teachers: Integrating Contextual applications; Academic attainment; Test-taking Skills, and Reaching the non-traditional student.
- Develop and implement a process for program evaluation to include community, educators, parents, and students